I really wasn't crazy about the colors Ichose for this painting,but I found a swell frame and now I'm rather pleased. Daylily may be history too much aliziran to try to hide a blue shadow that just muddied the color:o(
Dock Reflections
-
9x7 watercolor done last of July in Master's Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper.
I've used Daniel Smith paints in this quiet dock on the water scene. Looks
like...
17 hours ago

9 comments:
Those petals are so well done!
That is beautiful!
Wonderful careful technique, not easy to do.
I am partial to the look of vertical format.
Wow - this looks so life-like, beautifully done. All the best with your new blog - another Cathy
Thanks all this is really enjoyable. I look forwad to the blogisphere.(Is this a word?)
This is very nice, especially the centre petals of the lower flower. Nice work!
I think this is my favorite of what you have posted so far. They say that in order to learn a technique, you should copy the masters of that technique.
I hope you don't mind, but I think I am going to try and copy you. If you have any advice or technical information that you think would help me, feel free to send me an email. I have always wanted to paint like this and you have inspired me to make it happen.
What a difficult subject! I could never "do" all those little petals! You've done an excellent job: the color is so soft, and I love the centers!
I love this painting.. you are very sensitive in your work. I really find that appealing..
This is so sweet and beautiful !
Rini - the Netherlands
Post a Comment