I am happy just to be able to post something! My new paints arrived from Daniel Smith. I bought quite a few different colors,and I am still experimenting with them,such a treat. The iris is my first experiment. I added more darks to the stem of the flower but didn't take a photo of it. Quinacredone(not sure of the spelling of this oh,well) colors and phthalos. I was really pleased by the size of the tubes of paint 15ml. and D.S. threw in a few extras which was really a nice surprise.I painted the chandelier during the holiday break It's really a mess .Chandeliers are proving to be more challenging than I expected.
Dock Reflections
-
9x7 watercolor done last of July in Master's Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper.
I've used Daniel Smith paints in this quiet dock on the water scene. Looks
like...
12 hours ago

6 comments:
Kathy, I love their paints too. The colors are so intense and full of pigment, not fillers. ENJOY!
Ooh, new paints, what fun! I love the division of space in the bottom painting, and the color scheme. Your chandelier is quite nice too--a challenging subject! (I just all the quinacridones "Q"s, e.g. Q pink, Q red!)
Laura, I am going to try to divide paintings by colors,shape line,and of course to loosen up. Very challenging.My new ambition.I also have been thinking of combining a tight painting within a loose painting. Sort of the best of both worlds in terms of satisfying my emotional needs that are always involved in painting.
Sandy thanks I am enjoying all of beautiful colors. I really like the aureolin yellow. More orange in it than WN.
Oh it's good to see you back. Glad you're taking on the chandelier so I can look at it, so beautiful.
i've been out of commission but I love catching up with your posts. This work is lovely. Your first painting of the hydrangeas is so cool, too. wow. i gotta get me some of those paints, too!
Post a Comment