Translate

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's Day





Painting after painting have been utter disasters. I think i haven't spent enough time thinking about the painting in the pre- painting stage... quite typical of me and my impulsive self. I have freedom issues. I was about to abandon this until i started to play a bit more to try to salvage it. The texture in the photo is quite interesting ? It doesn't appear on the painting itself? Sad thing is there is the most delicious bit of orange in corner that is not in the photo that i so enjoy.


The world is a better place with good moms... simply irreplaceable.

8 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks Cathy for your comment on my blog! I'd like to say something: the way you play with colors and especially darks I admire very much in your work! I wish I could do that! That is how we keep inspiring each other! This is a beautiful painting!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Happy Mother's Day. And thanks for another beautiful painting. I love your vivid colors.

Sandra Busby said...

I don't think this is anywhere near a disaster! Quite the opposite! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!
I like the texture too - How odd that it's not on the painting!

Jane said...

There is some very interesting texture in this painting, and I just love these explosions of vitality and joy.

Ruth said...

It's so good to see you, and I don't know how I missed this post!

Happy mom's day late. Happy painting. And happy down to the end of the school year day counting. :-)

Barbra Joan said...

Cathy, I'm not sure about that pre-planning issue, I've tried planning and not planning ,, and honestly with me it doesn't seem to matter. I like this painting very much.. One thing about you is your not afraid of color..
BJ

Mikko Tyllinen said...

Absolutely fantastic! Magical atmosphere! Very beautiful!

Blaga said...

I find this to be an absolutely delicious explosion of colors! Very energizing, glad you completed it.