Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2011

3...three



I seem to be stuck on sunflowers. This painting needs a bit more of something? I will try, try, try not to overwork it. I thought about Charles Reid and Jane Minter as i painted this. Admittedly, both painters have different styles,still they are two of my most admired painters. So in painting this I thought about both painters yet tried to keep my own style. Having said that, i will definitely need to add more of ...... ?

It's been a while since i have painted i haven't been feeling well, and quite preoccupied by it all. Hopefully,now i will be able to concentrate on painting a bit more. ( happily)

Very interesting show on television Bravo,The Next greatest artist. The show is a competition among artists given challenges from arty folks.

8 comments:

LindaHunt said...

This is beautiful Cathy!

Maria's Watercolor said...

Love your sunflower painting, great, bold color!

Judy said...

This is beautiful, Cathy! Don't do anything about it. Hope you feel better!

Sandra Busby said...

Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well for a while. Painting is a great medicine though and so is the glorious colour therapy that comes with your results :0)
I will definitely be looking for that programme on Bravo tonight! :0D

Cindy said...

Love it Cathy, I am hoping you are just gonna get better and better. have a great weekend. always glad to see you. hugs.

Blaga said...

I like these sunflowers, there is both dimension and movement. And the colors are bold and inspiring as with all of your work. Hope you feel better, Cathy, so you can get back to painting more often!

Jane said...

These sunflowers are the most happy sunflowers I have ever seen , so full of sunshine and color, I love this boldness in portraying them.
Sorry to hear you haven't been well, in fact I noticed you had been absent for quite a while.
Hope all is well now.
Have a nice week end.

Sandra Rowney said...

Hi, just come across your blog (via Joan Sandford Cook. Wonderful colour sense,I'll drop in on your blog for some colour therapy! I'm painting big blowsy lilies at the moment.
sandrarowney.blogspot.com