Translate

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The good the bad and the ugly







I painted the sunflowers over holiday break, and in my true fashion i managed over squiggle the center sunflower. Impulsively and merrily i scratched away without a care or thought( obviously). So this is in my failed pile. the tulips are this mornings practice on scrap paper. My computer runs so slow that is is difficult to post. That and the failed paintings have resulted in less posts and comments. I plan on buying a new computer soon. In the mean time i have resolved to commit to posts and comments .... weekly i hope!

10 comments:

Ruth said...

I love the perspective of the sunflower. Nice to look forward to new computer, and to see you more. Happy inspiration!

ELFI said...

quel talent!

Judy said...

I think they are both beautiful, Cathy! You should see my failed pile (trash can). Your so called failures are so full of color and beautiful shapes, mine are muddy and blah!

AK said...

You call this practice! The are just fabulous. Great work.

Jane said...

I love them both, they don't seem failed at all to me! They both have your signature color and are beautiful.

Jane Sorgetz said...

Lindas pinturas, gostei muito !!! Já sou tua seguidora, apareça para me visitar...Um abraço Jane

Unknown said...

Your paintings always elicit a sigh from me. They are so beautiful! I would love to someday have a calendar of your paintings!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Even your "failed" sunflowers are gorgeous as are your tulips. I still love how you can saturate your colors.

JANE MINTER said...

so beautiful cathy ! love the way the centre sunflower shines

Sandra Busby said...

I don't see these the way you do. I think they are both vibrant, lively pieces and I really like them! :0)