Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hydrandea



This is one of my first paintings.I was very tenative with color. Interesting to look at again










I painted the framed painting a few years ago. I was very detailed in my painting and somewhat more confident with color.


I just painted this. Much more adventurous and bold with color and compositon. I'm not sure it works,but I know I am changing,evolving and challenging my self in new ways.








Has your style or approach changed over time?

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Hydrangea are my favorites, and your petals are perfectly delicate.

Nice how we evolve, isn't it? Whether we want to or not. As for being an artist and evolving, it's fun to see then and now here.

cathyswatercolors said...

Ruth, we doooo evolve. I hope it's in the right direction. My sister and I were just talking about the exact opposite. How at work,with technology, we are always learning something new and at times we just don't want the challenge of a new learning curve.The creative process is different,it's connected to our souls.

Angela said...

I think the biggest growth I've made in the last few months/year has been towards letting myself forget about 'tight' and 'loose' painting.

The balance seems to be working itself out better and better without me consciously 'insisting' on 'making sure' my painting has enough of one or the other - which means I can actually enjoy the painting process so much more.
:)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh I see you exploring. I see beauty in both your before and after... delicacy and splashes...

different things seem more important at different times in our lives, don't they?

keep's life interesting...

yes I think my approach has changed too.. I think I am less cautious... and I'm glad of that...

RH Carpenter said...

Both styles are lovely, but I do like your more bold statements with color now :) Who knows were we will be in another year or two? I think it's the journey that is important, definitely not the destination.