Translate

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Two of a kind...



I recently went to the Dr.'s office and couldn't help but notice the beautiful artwork they displayed,all from the same artist. Watercolors,acrylics,all beautiful Some of my favorites were a combination of both mediums with a little pastel and ink thrown into the mix. This is what i would love to do this year.

Both paintings are inspired by a nineteenth century stone work.
Acrylic ( which i know nothing about !) and watercolor, pastel and watercolor pencil. Actually the acrylic has a failed watercolor underneath but you can barely see it.

Orange you glad it's Sunday:)


9 comments:

Judy said...

They are fabulous, Cathy! Good idea to use failed watercolors for acrylics!

Jane said...

Another two paintings with your signature color, I love red too in paintings, and often I think of you when I am about to throw some red on a painting. Two beautiful works!

Sandra Busby said...

These are SO vibrant and chearful! What amazingly uplifting colours :0)

Blaga said...

Both paintings are very vivid and inspiring! The acrylic gave new, more intense quality to your vibrant style.

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Both are wonderfully vibrant! (I feel like I say the same thing about your paintings, but it's always true!)

I never thought of using acrylic or pastels on a failed watercolor. Thanks.

irinapictures said...

I like so much the energy and power here. And my favorite choice of colors - bold, solid, live.

JANE MINTER said...

energetic and vibrant cathy ..it's exciting working with mix media .

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh so wonderfully vibrant... You have such a talent for color!!

padmaja said...

Your work is exotic,cheerful and transfers that energy on to the viewer! enjoyed all of them today!