Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Distractions

The top painting is from my withering garden,thanks to extreme heat and lack of rain. I guess i could make the excuse that i have been doing a rain dance for two months,but there are so many other distractions and excuses; grand babies,books,dogs,walks.... The bottom painting is peaches and lemons painted this morning at the kitchen table since the both the back porch and my art room are boiling hot! I actually saw a grass fire on the side of the expressway.

11 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Beautiful paintings. Lively color and composition:)

Judy said...

Both are fabulous and free! Beautiful, Cathy!

Sandra Busby said...

So lovely Cathy!
It's been the complete opposite here. Our garden has suffered because we have had nothing but solid rain since February - until Sunday when finally we had the most blistering hot, beautiful day and fingers crossed it stays for a while! I wonder if our rain is on its way to you! :0)

renate said...

Hello Cathy:) You are not forgotten how to paint. Your work is still beautiful and I still like the colors. Nice job!

AK said...

I have not been very regular on my blog lately.... but watching your paintings with some gaps gives me confidence. Great work.

Laura said...

Hi Cathy. I've just found your lovely blog. I love your style of painting. Very free and expressive. Take care. Laura x

Eva said...

Apasionantes tus acuarelas, que colores!!! He disfrutado

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Both paintings are so beautiful and vibrant. I'm glad you were able to do a painting of some of your garden before it all dries up from the heat.
The peaches and lemons are luscious.

JANE MINTER said...

cathy beautiful work ...hot here too .

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Ugh, I swear I commented on this. I meant to say that I really love your garden painting, so lovely.

Jane said...

Hope you have got some rain since then, two beautiful and energetic paintings.