Translate

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

More re-do

More additions to the wall on my newly renovated back porch. I love this room ;a restful retreat . I am happy with the colors in the Iris. I finally achieved the value that i have been trying for. The cone-flowers are less successful but better than most of my other attempts. The canvas is textured due to the many coats of gesso and the numerous attempts at these flowers. I love cone-flowers, but find them so difficult to paint. I plan on painting them again and again ..... Beautiful fall day in Michigan.

5 comments:

Helen H Trachy said...

I love the top one, one of my favorite! As for coneflowers, I agree with you, it's not an easy one to draw and paint. Good luck!

Jane said...

I just love your colorful flowers , both are great , and though I agree with you that cone flowers are difficult, these are perfect !

laura said...

Wow, Cathy, I have missed a lot: but every time I stop by, you are always moving forward!
I don't know how I fell so far off blogging ... But I hope to get back to it this fall.
Thank you for your comment. ;-)

laura said...

Wow, Cathy, I have missed a lot: but every time I stop by, you are always moving forward!
I don't know how I fell so far off blogging ... But I hope to get back to it this fall.
Thank you for your comment. ;-)

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Love them!