Translate

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Random thoughts of nothing....

Thoughts keep popping up in my head while I paint. It's really quite amusing, well to me anyway. Thoughts like,
big men shouldn't ride in tiny cars,unless they are clowns.
Or do you think that size 8 sweater makes you look thin?
How about, really Martha if my vacuum isn't picking up do i have to change the bag???? Here's a good one, congratulations you've just won queen for a day,oh sorry it was just a dream. Not that I'd want to win anyway ,the queens were usually the women who cleaned the most or had dozens of kids.

So I guess I should just start thinking about serious matters like paint and mixing and composition. On that note, last year I planted some Jane Magnolia's ( love the name) and my oh my are they beautiful. Magnolia's and the cover of House Beautiful were my inspiration for this.

I need to go back into it and get rid of some hard edges and darken here and there and play some more.

8 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I'm enjoying your titles as much as your paintings lately - although I always love your bold palette choices :)

Ruth said...

Cathy! Those snapshots of inside your head while you paint are too much fun. Ha!

Beautiful magnolias.

AK said...

Thanks for the honour Cathy. I am also putting you on my blogroll.

Sandra Busby said...

I just love this loose, fluid style. I really want to have a go at this! Inspiring!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Cathy,
Happened upon your blog today and got a pleasant surprise. WOW! Your work sure is bold and really livens things up.....very nicely, I might add. Hope to see you around.

Gwen Buchanan said...

What a burst of Light and Life and Colour.. I love the flow of your work!!!

Liana Yarckin said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! love your work!

Annaquarel.les said...

Love the softness and colour. Do you really think all these funny things? I concentrate so deeply that sometimes I even forget it's time for lunch. Magnolias are gorgeous!Cheers